2.15.2009

Chris Brown Speaks: "Words cannot express how sorry I am..."



The following statement was issued Sunday by a spokesman on behalf of Chris Brown:

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person.

"Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong.

"While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else.

"Those posts or writings under my name are frauds," the statement concludes.



Chris's dad spoke on the situation:

Speaking out for the first time since his son's arrest, Chris Brown's biological father, Clinton Brown, tells PEOPLE his son is at home, reflective and filled with concern.

"He's reflecting on this situation," Brown, 44, a corrections officer, tells PEOPLE in an interview at his home outside Tappahannock, Va. "He's very remorseful. He's very concerned about the situation and he wants to make sure that [Rihanna's] okay.

"This is unfortunate, this stumble, this situation," Brown continues. "Hopefully, he will get past it. We all have our shortcomings. We all trip."

And Brown – who flew to Los Angeles to attend the Grammys with his son but never made it to the show – says there are "two sides to every story."

"If you are on his side, you are on his side," he says. "Just because someone trips, if you are truly a fan, you are not going to demonize him instantaneously."



Rihanna's dad spoke aswell:




In an interview with PEOPLE, Rihanna's father, Ronald Fenty, said that when he first heard that his daughter had been attacked by Chris Brown, "I didn't believe it.

"I know my daughter," said Fenty, 55. As for Brown, he said, "You think you know somebody, but you really don't."

Brown, 19, allegedly attacked Rihanna, 20, in Los Angeles last Sunday. He was arrested and may face charges from the district attorney.

Describing Rihanna's current condition after seeing her on Thursday, Fenty said, "There is some bruising. She will be all right. I think so."

He adds, "At some point, she will speak out. I hope she will stand up for women all over the world."

Fenty, a salesman and freelance clothing designer, said Rihanna is spending time with girlfriends while she heals. While Fenty said he wouldn't tell his daughter what to do, he did say, "If it were me, I'd move on."

The last time Fenty had seen Rihanna and Brown together was in July. "They seemed pretty happy," he recalls. "I don't know what went wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment